Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Creat ivity and New Media

I could say this is the hardest assignment in the whole class! Apparently I just found out trying to be creative is really hard when you don't know what to do. So I decided to go with the easy task and create an avatar on Second Life since I have been itching to do so ever since I heard about it.

To start this off, here's my avatar:
I noticed there really isn't a lot of customize options for you to pick such as changing your hairstyle, facial details, color, and etc. Since I used to play this rpg game called "PerfectWorld" where I can customize every feature of the avatar from the face to the body. PerfectWorld is a massive online role playing game where it is similar to WoW (World of Warcraft) but it's free to play.

My avatar in "WOLF MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT":

Another thing about the graphic that seemed so familiar to me is the fact that there's another RPG called "Runescape" which have similar graphic design to SecondLife.

So far from how I tried SecondLife, I couldn't see what's so popular with this game since visiting places you have never been is great. But I would rather go there in reality and experiences it for myself instead of looking at it through a computer screen.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, sometimes there are so many ideas out there to chose from, that picking one may sometimes be challenging. It took me a while before I could decide what to do as well. Second Life looks pretty interesting as well

    ReplyDelete