Monday, March 14, 2011

Social Networking Sites

          The following social networking sites that I will be talking about in this post are Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and Xanga. All of these are social networking sites that were once or still popular among us. In my opinion, Xanga is one of those social networking sites that died. Xanga is a blogging site like bloggers.com. Facebook, Myspace and Twitter on the other hand, are still relatively popular among us. But it seem like Myspace is dying out as well.
          I'll start off with Twitter, Twitter's interface and usability is simple and you can get the up-to-date twitters the moment you log in. I don't particularly like Myspace due to their interface since it's messy and unorganized to Facebook. I guess that's one of the reason why I moved on from Myspace to Facebook. In my opinion, Facebook is so far, the best social networking site out there due to it's simplicity and usability.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I haven't been on Myspace in a few years and once I logged in again, the layout was very crowded and confusing. In contrast Facebook is much cleaner and easier to navigate. Maybe that's why it has become so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Xanga is no longer mainstream, but still has its users just like Myspace. I totally agree that Facebook and Twiter are very simple to use and seem to be dominating the social networking market at the moment.

    ReplyDelete